Evidence suggests that parents/carers involvement at their child's school produces positive educational outcomes. We encourage all parents/carers to take an active part in their children's education. We completely understand that your time to commit to volunteering may be limited. There are a variety of opportunities to contribute as much (or as little) as you would like.
Parents / Volunteers can help by:
- Assisting at the Creekside Canteen or uniform shop
- Helping in your child's classroom
- Attending Parents and Citizens Association meetings
- Assisting students in the gardening program
- Helping at P&C / School events
- Attending concerts, assemblies and celebrations
If you wish to help out with any of these, please talk with your child's teacher or contact the P&C firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers Induction Sessions
If you volunteer on a regular basis, it is Education Queensland policy that you are required to attend an induction session which covers; Code of Conduct, Student Protection, Health & Safety and Emergency Procedures. These sessions occur each Term.
All volunteers must sign in and out at the school office upon arrival and departure each day.
Volunteers who are not parents/carers of students at the school will be required to hold a current blue card.